Dog Adoption Application Process
Our main focus as a rescue is matching up each dog with the perfect forever family. To do so, each potential adoptive family must be willing and able to provide loving attention, medical care and lifetime stability for an animal.
All of our dogs are spayed/neutered and fully up to date on vaccinations prior to adoption.
Our Adoption Process Steps
Step 1) Filling Out The Adoption Application
To start the adoption process, potential adopters must fill out our Dog Adoption Application Online Form, which consist of a series of questions relating to their lifestyle.
This helps us determine the family's activity level and compatibility with the dog(s) they're interested in.
Step 2) References Are Called & Home Check Performed
Once the adoption application has been received, the provided references are contacted by phone and a home check is arranged.
This helps determine if the potential adoptive family has what’s needed to care for and provide a forever home for the rescue dog.
Step 3) Meeting The Dog & Finalizing The Adoption
Once references are called and a home check is completed, we arrange a meeting with the dog.
If an approved family wishes to adopt the dog at this time, and we agree it is a good fit, they sign an agreement and pay a one-time, non-refundable adoption fee.
- Adult Dog: $380
- Puppy (under 6mo): $425
The fee must be paid in full at the time of adoption by cash, Interac e-transfer, or credit card.
Step 4) Mandatory Training Classes
To help set the adoptive family and the rescue dog on a path to a successful adoption story, $150 of the adoption fee goes towards mandatory training classes with a dog trainer approved by Fulfilling Hearts Rescue.
Adoption Eligibility & Additional Details
In order to be considered eligible to adopt one of our rescued dogs:
- You must be at least 19 years of age.
- You must have legal identification with proof of current address.
- You must be willing and able to provide emotionally and financially for the dogs needs for the rest of his/her life.
- You understand that all animals must be registered as pertains to your local by-laws.
- You understand that a home visit may be required for all dogs prior to any adoption approval as part of our adoption process.
- If you currently rent, written permission from your landlord is required.
- If an adoptive family can no longer care for the said dog, Fulfilling Hearts Rescue must be notified, and the dog must be surrendered back into our rescue's care.
Please allow yourself the time to consider this very important decision prior to committing to adopting a pet. When you are ready to take the first step to start the adoption process, fill out our Dog Adoption Application Online Form.
To note, submitting an application is not an automatic approval. Fulfilling Hearts Rescue has the right to refuse any application and has the right to postpone or decline any adoption application or the adoption itself.